WELCOME TO THE
Virgin Islands International Tax Authority
The International Tax Authority (“ITA”) was established under the International Tax Authority Act, 2018 as a corporate body. The primary responsibilities of the ITA are:
- to carry out the functions of the Competent Authority under the Mutual Legal Assistance (Tax Matters) Act, 2003 (MLA), which were previously carried out by the Financial Secretary;
- to take a proactive stance in relation to all cross-border tax matters that currently affect or have the potential to affect the Virgin Islands; and
- to ensure that the Virgin Islands is fully compliant with the international standards of transparency and exchange of information for tax purposes.
Our Core Values
Integrity | Transparency | Accessibility
The International Tax Authority aims to serve the Territory by:
• Building and maintaining strong relationships with its local, regional and international stakeholders through transparency. To effectively and efficiently carry out its responsibilities whilst balancing international obligations and affording the opportunity of due process.
• Our commitment to the continued development of the Territory’s framework for exchange of information is underscored by cost effective operations, provision of training for our staff and an environment in which they can grow and excel, and our contribution to the overall sustainability of our economy for future generation of stakeholders.
What we do:
To lead through our Territory’s compliance with international standards on transparency and exchange of tax information by delivering services that will continuously create value for all our stakeholders.